Kiln-Dried vs Seasoned Logs
Be careful not to confuse price with value. Cheap logs are often a false economy
KILN-DRIED LOGS CAN GIVE UP TO ONE THIRD MORE HEAT OUTPUT* THAN SEASONED LOGS
This is because much of the energy burning seasoned logs with a high moisture content is wasted by turning that moisture into steam, not heat. Many seasoned logs arrive with as much as 30% moisture content! The moisture content of our kiln-dried logs can be as low as 10% but is never above 20%.
The benefits of our kiln-dried logs compared to many seasoned logs are:
- Ready to burn
- More heat output
- Consistently dry on arrival
- Fewer logs required (up to one third less)
- Less storage space required (no need to store next year’s logs)
- Reduced soot and tar build-up in the flue
- Reduced chance of a flue-fire
- Reduced costs for flue maintenance (repairs and sweeping)
- Less ash produced
- Cleaner stove glass
- Easier to light
- Less smoke
- A more efficient burn
- A better overall experience
Still need convincing?
Read our reviews HERE
Benefit from the convenience, quality and value of Kiln-Dried Firewood from Aberdeenshire Logs.
*Kiln-dried logs at 10% moisture content (4750 kWh/tonne) and seasoned logs at 30% moisture content (3500 kWh/tonne)